Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Helllllooooo? Anybody out there?


I've been growing my family, growing my therapy practice, and learning how to host/produce a talk show, so music has been on the back burner for the past few years...still simmering (though I did write and record the Home Team theme song). I've been stealing a few minutes here and there to work on new songs, and over the past 3 years or so songs are starting to take shape. Many of them stem from my own personal experience, women's stories I hear in my therapy practice, and from the women's self-care workshops I've been presenting for the past 6 years or so. I am currently an "unsigned" artist for the first time in 20 years so we'll see where that takes me...Though many of my CD's are out of print, all are available on itunes.

Thanks for your continued support during my music hiatus and I'll keep you posted on upcoming concerts, appearances, talk show stuff, projects, etc.
XO, Julie

10 comments:

AbnerJane said...

keep them coming... still love what you have out there too!!! Truly always uplifting. Thank you.

J Man said...

Can't wait to hear you again soon!!!

Unknown said...

Yes, somebody's out here. Glad to receive an update on what you're doing. If you decide to do another album, my guess is that it will be excellent -- because you dare to explore different kinds of music and because you choose songs that connect. If you decide not to do another album, that's OK too. You've already helped boost the quality and credibility of contemporary music by LDS musicians. Thanks, and good luck.

Debbie Murdock said...

I had the opportunity to go to one of your workshops last night. Thank you so much for your insight. I'm familiar with your music and so excited to be in your presence last night from one fellow musician to another. Truly you have a gift and I'm excited to see where your life takes you. Thanks again for lifting my sprits.

Jenn said...

Hello I just wanted you to know that I love the song "What If" Thank you for doing it. I am hoping it is ok with you to share the words with 11 of my friends this Holiday Season for a party we do each year called our favorite thing. I wish I could afford to buy each of them the Album but since I can't would it be alright if I type of the lyrics and share those with them.

Thank you
Jenn

Jax said...

One of my favorite songs is, "More Than Just a Man." Because of it, I am looking to see what else you have done. Merry Christmas & best wishes for a successful 2009!

Jax said...

I enjoyed "nibbling" at your music at ldsaudio.com. Thank you for the great music! I just wanted to tell you I was touched by "Make Enough of Me," & "Ships in the Night." Congratulations on the creation of these masterpieces.

J Man said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J Man said...

Please bring back the music... you are missed...everytime I go to the store and search the catalogue hoping to find something new and undiscovered and sadly I walk away with only good memories of the past greats... when are the future greats coming? As a sidenote congratulations on all the other endeavors... :o)

Anonymous said...

Hello Julie! I love your song, Window to His Love. I was wondering, have you recorded just the guitar for that song? Like the one on the EFY 1997 CD? It is my most favorite thing to sing and I haven't been able to find it anywhere else. I purchased online a guitar version, but, honestly, it couldn't touch the one from the cd - there wasn't as much feeling in it. If you have it available for sale, can I please buy it? Just the guitar with no vocals...Thank You ! ~Rebekah Davis bekabek@rocketmail.com